The biggest event of the year is back! VidCon, the annual convention for online video stars, brands, creators, and fans, returns in 2023 after a triumphant return in 2022.
This year’s event promises to be huge. People from all over will head over to the Anaheim Convention Center in California, from June 21 to 24 2023, for the ultimate VidCon experience.
Attendees can network with other YouTube stars, content creators, featured guests, and popular brands.
What is VidCon?
VidCon is an annual convention with events in the US, UK, and Australia. However, VidCon US is by far the biggest of them all. This multi-day event is catered toward executives, fans, online brands, and creators. It includes workshops, panels, presentations, networking, exhibitions in the expo hall, concerts, and even meet-and-greets between a creator and their fans.
VidCon is a unique opportunity for fans and aspiring content creators to meet their heroes and learn from them.
Where is VidCon held?
VidCon is held at the Anaheim Convention Center, California, United States. It’s not far from LA, so it’s the perfect place for creators to come together.
When is VidCon 2023, and how many days is it on?
VidCon 2023 is a four-day event held from June 21 to 24 2023. Things are just hotting back up after the success of 2022, the creator community is sure to be excited to return!
Who started VidCon?
The first VidCon was organized by Vlog Brother, Hank Green in 2010. At the time, it was hosted at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza Hotel, Los Angeles and was attended by over 1,400 people.
By 2018, VidCon had grown in popularity, and Viacom (owner of Paramount Pictures and Viacom Media Networks) acquired VidCon. Hank Green continues to be involved, along with Jim Louderback, CEO of VidCon.
Since, numbers have grown significantly, and after a couple of years off due to Covid, VidCon 2022 saw over more than 50,000 attendees, with an additional 650,000 unique viewers from 150 countries viewing via livestream.
What to do at VidCon 2023 – Event guide and Vidcon tips
With so many events, workshops and panels, you will certainly not be bored at VidCon 2023. There is a full schedule for the four-day convention, each day packed with panels, fireside chats, meet-and-greets, and networking opportunities.
Below are some key panels to take advantage of during VidCon 2023.
VidCon 2023 panels – TBC
VidCon 2023 creators
It’s no secret that VidCon is one of the hottest events of the year for creators, and whilst we wait with baited breath to find out who the panelists are for 2023 – here are just some of the creators that are going to be attending this year:
- Aaron Burriss
- Lala Sadii
- Jesus Nalgas
- Alan Chikin Chow
You can check out the full line-up for featured creators here.
VidCon 2023 events – TBC
For a full schedule of what’s on in the expo hall, check out the VidCon page.
How do I get tickets to VidCon 2023?
You can purchase tickets from the VidCon website’s ticket page.
How much are tickets for VidCon?
There are several ticket options available:
- Community Track (4 Day): $135
- Community Track (1 Day): $65
- Creator Track (4 Day): $185
- Industry Track (4 Day): $799
Other options available
- Creator Track + On Demand Bundle (4 Day): $274
- Industry Track + On Demand Bundle (4 Day): $888
- Creator & Industry On Demand Subscription (Online Only): $199
These hot tickets will give you a full year of unlimited access to the VidCon Anaheim ’23 magic at your fingertips, with new content added throughout the year.
Networking Tips for VidCon
Preparing for VidCon is exciting, but if you want to get the most out of the experience, you will have to dust off your networking skills and get ready to interact with other YouTubers, gamers, executives, and content creators. Here are some tips to help you network at VidCon 2023.
- Prepare your pitch. Make sure you are rehearsed in how to market yourself and your product to producers and executives but don’t overdo it. You don’t want your pitch to sound tired and repetitive.
- Have business cards. It may seem old-school, but being able to provide a card with your social media handles is a great way to be remembered.
- Find a buddy to help. Going to these events and promoting yourself can be daunting, so invite a friend along to support you and provide comfort when networking.
- Small talk can be your friend. Jumping right into intense networking and discussions can be off-putting, so perhaps first engage in some small talk to familiarize yourself with the other person. Ask them where they’re from or what panel/event they enjoyed most so far.
- Listen more. You may feel the need to dominate the conversation and promote your services or skills, but make sure to actively listen. You may find they have some great advice, and if you make them feel heard, they’re probably more likely to remember you.
- Treat it like a normal conversation. Networking does not have to be anything special – it is just a conversation between two (or more) people, so stay calm and enjoy the experience. Some of the best collaborations happen when you make friends with someone so just try to be your usual self!
More Advice for Content Creators
At Lickd, we supply the best music for creators. If you’re as excited as we are for VidCon 2023 then check out our guide to must attend events for content creators, to keep the excitement going all year round.