Terms & Conditions
Lickd is a digital platform which helps online content creators legally use music in conjunction with other content they have created.
We work closely with the music industry to secure the rights you need to use commercial music with your online content. We take care of clearing all the necessary usage rights and then charge an administration fee for delivering the music to you.
- Welcome to https://lickd.co/ (“Website”), which is operated by Lickd Ltd (“Lickd” “we” “us” “our”). Our registered office is: 3rd Floor 114a Cromwell Road, London, United Kingdom, SW7 4AG.
- In order to benefit from our Website, you may be required to register for an account on our Website. If you choose to register, you agree: (a) to provide accurate, current and complete information during the registration process and to update such information to keep it accurate, current and complete; (b) to safeguard your password; (c) that you will not disclose your password to any third party; and (d) that you will take sole responsibility for all activities and actions taking place under your account whether or not you have authorised such activities or actions.
- You must be 13 (thirteen) years of age or over to create an account. If you are under 18 (eighteen) years of age then you confirm that you have the express consent of your parent or legal guardian to enter into a legally binding contract. If you are 18 (eighteen) years of age or over then you confirm that you are legally capable of entering into binding contracts.
- Please see the Download Terms for full details on the terms on which you are entitled to download tracks (“Tracks”) from the Website.
ACCURACY OF INFORMATION
- Please note that certain information and content on our Website is provided to us by third parties and we are not able to guarantee the accuracy, completeness and correctness of the information.
- You acknowledge and agree that we do not vet or approve any Track which is made available on the Website.
DISRUPTION TO THE WEBSITE
- Access to the Website may be affected by a number of factors including, for example, network connection and internal network, as well as any interference or maintenance work.
- If a disruption or disturbance occurs on the Website or a part of it, or if the Website or a part of it is temporarily out of use or inoperative due to repair or maintenance work, updates or reasons beyond our control, you accept that such interruptions, disturbances or disruptions do not constitute a defect in the Website, and, to the extent permitted by law, we shall not be liable for any consequences of or damages resulting from such interruptions, disturbances or disruptions.
CHANGES TO WEBSITE AND CATALOGUE
- We continually update our Website, including the catalogue of tracks that are made available for download. We make no guarantee as to the availability of any specific tracks on the Website.
- We have the right to discontinue the Website or any individual service or feature or part of it at any given time without specifying any reason.
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
- You may not modify, enhance, remove, interfere with, or otherwise alter in any way any portion of the Website or its underlying technology. This restriction includes, without limitation, disabling, reverse engineering, modifying, interfering with or otherwise circumventing the Website or any digital content we supply to you through the Website in any manner.
- You also agree not to: circumvent, remove, alter, deactivate, degrade or thwart any of the content protections placed upon the Tracks; use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to download the Tracks; decompile, reverse engineer or disassemble any software or other products or processes accessible through the Website; insert any code or product or manipulate the Website or the Tracks in any way; or, use any data mining, data gathering or extraction method. In addition, you agree not to upload, post, email or otherwise send or transmit any material designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment associated with the Website, including any software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs.
- You will only use any Tracks downloaded in line with the Permitted Uses set out at Schedule 1 of the Download Terms and will not breach any of the Restrictions set out at Schedule 2 of those Download Terms.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- You agree that Lickd own and retains all rights to the Website. Except for information which may or may not be in the public domain, all right, title and interest into any content displayed or made available on the Website including, but not limited to, the Website’s look and feel, data, information, documents, text, logos, services, software graphics, images, sound or video material, designs, trademarks, service marks, trade names, and URL, belong to and are the exclusive property of Lickd or its respective partners, licensors, agents or third parties, and may not be copied, displayed, distributed, downloaded, linked, modified, posted, reproduced, re-published, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written consent of Lickd in each instance. Such rights will include to the extent permissible by applicable law any and all rights of privacy, publicity and moral rights.
- The word ‘Lickd’ and any ‘Lickd’ logo shown on the Website is a trade mark of Lickd. None of the Lickd trademarks may be copied, downloaded, or otherwise exploited.
OUR LIABILITY TO YOU
- To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to your use of the Website.
- We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on the Website. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any losses of any kind arising under or in relation to your use of or inability to use the Website (or any part of it), including but not limited to: (i) any loss of profits, business, sales, goodwill or revenue; (ii) any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material; (iii) any consequential, incidental, punitive or special loss or damage whatsoever, whether or not such loss or damage arises directly or indirectly and whether or not of the type described in (i) or (ii); regardless of whether any action or claim is based on contract or in tort (including negligence) or any other legal theory of liability, and even if either party was aware of the possibility of such loss or damage.
YOUR LIABILITY TO US
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
- Lickd is not responsible for the content or practices of any website or destination other than the Website.
- By creating an account with us, you consent to receiving electronic communications from Lickd relating to your account. These communications may involve sending emails to your email address provided during registration and shall form part of your relationship with Lickd. You agree that any notices, agreements, disclosures or other communications that we send to you electronically will satisfy any legal communication and notice requirements, including that such communications and notices be in writing. You should maintain copies of electronic communications by printing a paper copy or saving an electronic copy.
PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
GENERAL PROVISIONS AND APPLICABLE LAW
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use the track I've licensed in multiple videos?
Can I upload a song by itself or with lyrics to YouTube?
I see you don't have the track I'm looking for. Can I license it anyway, do you take recommendations or can you help me find an alternative?
Lickd is a digital platform helping YouTube content creators legally use the music they love. We provide commercial music from real labels for licensing in YouTube videos without the fear of a Creator losing their ad revenue to a Copyright Claim.