Game-Changing Chart & Stock Music for Instagram Videos
License the biggest chart music and best stock music for Instagram quickly, easily and cheaply with Lickd.
Revolutionizing music licensing for Instagram content creators
Tired of hearing the same overused music on everyone’s Instagram videos and desperate to make your own posts, stories and reels stand out from the crowd? You’re not alone. Lickd believes that you shouldn’t have to settle for anything less than the best. There’s no reason you should have to put up with the same old limited selection of music, just because you’re worried about a copyright claim. We’re with you, and that’s why we launched the Lickd music licensing platform and Lickd Essentials. We’re the only place to offer chart music for Instagram videos alongside an unparelled collection of Instagram stock music,. We’re here to revolutionize content creation on Instagram.
Lickd is here for creators to license music for their content.
Get chart-topping tracks and high-quality stock music for Instagram videos, all in one place - only with Lickd
Lickd is completely unique. We have a direct link to the biggest record labels in the world rather than just stock music production studios. What does this mean? It means that Instagram content creators can use Lickd to access thousands of famous songs from some of the world’s most popular artists. Add the hottest music to your Instagram without worrying about copyright infringement.
Forget the same old tracks everyone else is using, you’ll be able to add music to Instagram videos from artists like Anne-Marie, David Guetta, Sia, XXXTENTACION and Disclosure. Whatever the genre, Lickd can help you find the best tracks for Instagram, across drum & bass, house, indie, hip hop, punk and more. Plus we’ve curated a stock music library full of the highest quality copyright free music for Instagram, known as Lickd Essentials.
Finding a music library for your stories and reels with high-quality, engaging music just got a whole lot easier.
Easy to license for your Instagram videos
Licensing chart music is quick and easy. Just sign up to Lickd using your email address, browse through the extensive catalogue of artists & genres and add the track you want to your basket. Lickd’s simple pricing model for chart music is based on the average number of views you get on your content, and most of our licenses cover you for use across multiple platforms. This makes music licensing for Instagram and Facebook accessible for creators of all sizes.
For our Instagram stock music library you just need a low-cost or even FREE subscription, then you can browse and check out as usual with all of your licenses covered by your subscription.
We’ve created a complete unique pricing structure for our Instagram music licenses. It works a little differently depending on the type of music you’re after though…
License chart music for Instagram - the affordable way
At Lickd we structure our pricing based on your average views. You’ll need a YouTube account, and we’ll use your views on there to calculate how much you need to pay. When you sign up, we’ll check your views over your last 50 YouTube uploads to determine what price would work for you.
We believe in fair pricing, so when you’re just starting out you won’t have to pay big fees. Smaller creators will just have to pay based on their audience and our pricing will grow with you.
[Insert table of pricing]
Game-changing stock music for Instagram - FREE for 60 days
Lickd Essentials works slightly differently for our stock music. it’s as simple as paying a low monthly fee of £10 / $15 / €12 for as many stock tracks as you like.. However you get the first 60 days absolutely FREE and there are ways to get it free for longer (but shh you didn’t hear that here).
Lickd's guide to claims-free music for Instagram
When you add music to your Instagram story, a reel or a video post, you want to make sure you’re avoiding any copyright claims. Up until now you may have had to use one of the existing stock music libraries, and we understand why. Getting a copyright infringement claim on Instagram just because you’ve used the wrong track for your video is gutting. But now, Lickd exists, and you can finally get music that both you and your Instagram followers love. And all at low prices, with no fear of copyright claims.
Still not sure how to add music to Instagram? We’re here to help.
Can you post a video with music on Instagram?
As a creator, of course you can! You’re well within your rights to post a video with music on Instagram, you just need to make sure you have the right to use that particular track. Business accounts are currently restricted in how they use music. Any songs you use in Instagram videos will need to be officially licensed, copyright-free or royalty-free.
What music can you use for Instagram videos?
As you can only use tracks that are licensed or copyright free you’ll need to check that particular track’s details before you post your video. Lickd is the only provider of chart music licenses for social video creators, giving you access to the hottest chart hits. You no longer have to settle for substandard music with Lickd on your side!
Complement the chart hits with easy & affordable high quality stockmusic for your Instagram content, all in the same place.
Can you use copyrighted music on Instagram if you give credit?
Sadly it’s not that simple! Using a track and adding credit isn’t enough and it won’t give you the legal right to use that music in your content. In a few limited circumstances, the owner of a track may allow you to use their music for credit alone, but this isn’t something you should rely on.
Generally, even when you’ve paid for a license, you’ll still need to add credit to your video.
How to get music for Instagram videos
There are a number of simple ways you can access all the tracks you want to take your content to the next level.
- Music from Instagram and Facebook’s Sound Collection: this built-in functionality lets you search for free tracks to add to your stories and videos. While this is great for everyday content creation and accessible in the video editor, it can be quite limiting. It’s a simple way to add music to Instagram stories or reels, but there are certain limitations to usage. While the music selection is easy to search, especially for stories and reels, you can’t access that easily for normal video posts. It can be worthwhile taking advantage of the Facebook Sound Collection, but that is very limited too.
- License music with Lickd: the best way to add music to an Instagram video, (whether it’s reels, stories, IGTV or simply an in-feed video) is Lickd. Lickd lets you search for the hottest tracks from famous artists alongside a giant stock music library and add them to your content. The costs are low and you won’t have to worry about copyright issues. Plus, once you’ve licensed music with Lickd you’ll be able to use it how you want on Instagram and potentially other channels too.
- Copyright-free music: Some songs can become completely free of copyright, but it’s so rare it’s nearly impossible to rely on completely copyright-free music for your content.
How to use copyrighted music on Instagram legally
Once you’ve found the tracks you want to use, there are still some rules you’ll need to follow. Instagram has an automated system in place for identifying copyrighted music in videos, even when you’re broadcasting live. When you’re trying to add music to Instagram videos you should follow their guidelines, which include:
- Always post a video when you are sharing music - there should be a visual component to your video, the platform frowns upon content that’s nothing but an audio track, especially if it uses copyrighted material.
- Keep your video short - they are essentially recommending that you use shorter snippets of tracks rather than full-length songs.
- Ask for permission - if you’ve licensed your music through Lickd then you’ve already done this! If you haven’t, you’ll either need written permission from the copyright owner or a license agreement if the track isn’t in Instagram’s own library.
- Give credit in your caption
The key is to make sure you have the license to a copyrighted track. If you do, even if a video is removed or muted, you will then have grounds to appeal the decision and get your video reinstated. While there’s not an automated system for this, there’s no system like YouTube’s Content ID, you can still use your Lickd license to prove you have the rights to use the music. If anything gets flagged, just appeal it with your Lickd License!
License the biggest chart music and best stock music for Instagram, all in one place - with Lickd.Get Access Now